Friday, September 21, 2012

Vegetable Grater Photo Holders as Centerpieces

     Just yesterday I showed you these old, somewhat rusty, vegetable graters that I got for a dime apiece at an estate sale.

     From the moment I saw them, I knew what I wanted to do with them. . .
 

 turn them into photo holders!
 
I just wiped them clean- leaving most the rust to add to the "vintage" look- and used a glue gun to adhdere a bull clip. (I used Tim Holtz's Hinge Clips- they were just the right shade of gunmetal.)
Then I tied a piece or ribbon to the handle, and voila!
 
Wouldn't these be cute as centerpieces for an anniversary party, wedding, or bridal shower? You could glue a bull clip to both the front and back sides and place an electric tealight inside.
 
 
They look good with recent photos or 

 
with older photos.

 
Since I don't have any type of party coming up, anniversary or otherwise, I placed mine in my livingroom on my piano.
 
What do you think?
 
 
     Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Psalm 139:14
 
 
 

 


4 comments:

Naptime Review said...

That is so neat!

New follower from Thee Networking Blog Hop. Love for you to stop by and return the follow when you can. I am hosting Mom's Monday Mingle later tonight. Love for you to network with some other mom blogs ;)

www.thenaptimereview.com
Julie @ Naptime Review

Shannon Barefoot said...

What a creative idea! I'll have to remember this for the holidays... I would love if you would share this (and some of your other ideas) over at my link party going on right now:

http://sewingbarefoot.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-weekly-creative-1.html.

Have a nice day!
Shannon

Katie Drane said...

I'm so glad that I'm following you! What a clever idea. I love how it turned out. Thanks so much for sharing:)

Katie
www.funhomethings.com

Geri O said...

I love, love, love this idea. What a great way to display a picture in the kitchen. Too cute. I'm your newest follower. Come check out my blog when you have a second at http://sister-number-5.blogspot.com