Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thrifty Thursday #35

     This past weekend, I was so excited to head to a small nearby town that was having a city-wide yard sale that I planned my day around it. That's right- I'm that kind of girl:)
     As soon as my son's football game was over (luckily he had the early game this week), we headed out. We didn't even stop at home to drop off the boys- they had to come with us.
     At the edge of our town, there was an estate sale. I got quite a load there. It was such a good sale, I told my hubby that we could skip the rest of the yard sales. . . but we didn't.
     Anyway, here are my treasures from the estate sale.

The prices were great- better than I've seen at an estate sale.
These old rolling pins were only $1 each.

Got these for a dime apiece. Stay tuned to see what I plan to do with them- no, it's not shredding carrots.

I have a nice collection of Texas license plates, so I was pleased to add these to my collection- especially at only $2 for the set!

Got this 6" clothespin for fifty cents. That's a bargain if you ask me.

This fella just needs to be cleaned up, then he's going to become a shelf in my son's room. It is an insert for a military foot locker. Only $1.

I've been wanting an old tire like this and for $1, I finally got one. My boys looked at me like I was crazy when I said I wanted it, but I know just what I'm going to do with it.

That's it- all this for less than $7!


     Stop back next Thursday to see what I got at the city-wide yard sale! Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace;
and the God of love and peace will be with you.
2 Cor. 13:11
     This post is linked to Apron Thrift Girl and Shabby Creek Cottage.

4 comments:

aimymichelle said...

this stuff is awesome!

Cap Creations said...

very cool things! the gumbo clothespin is great! thanks for sharing at cap creations.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Great finds. Great prices too.
Joy

Anikó said...

the rolling pins are really nice - I'd love to come across one like that! great finds at great prices :)