Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thrifty Thursday #34

     Whoo! Thrifting time has been slim around these parts- between home schooling, working on Fridays, and Saturday morning football games. Too slim in my opinion:)
     This is the third week in a row  my younger son has made the thrift store rounds with me. He's even been good while doing it. He used to slide his shirt over his nose and complain about the smell, but I guess he's growing up because I haven't seen that kind of thing in awhile!

I got this 14"x16" frame for $.50. Frames usually cost more than this at the thrift stores, but this fella doesn't have any glass. That's just the way I like them. The detail on this is beautiful. After I spray paint it a pretty color, I'm going to glaze it. The detail will hold the glaze wonderfully.

 
I couldn't pass up these two bags of basket filler for a quarter each. Never been opened.
You just never know when you'll need this when wrapping a gift:)
 
These three items are literally the only things I found. So I had to dig this next photo out of my vault:)

One day I was walking in our neighborhood and I saw this beauty sitting in somebody's front yard. There was also a moving truck in the driveway. So I knocked on the door to see if they were interested in getting rid of this old desk. They were- for a mere $5. I hurried home to get the cash and then put this in my boys' bedroom. It's just the right size for the boys and for the space.
 
I love old desks. My dream is to someday own a desk from an old one-room school house- the kind where the desk is attached to the chair in front of it (like on the cover of one of the American Girls books). Someday. . .
 
     Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
Each one of us should use whatever gift he has received to serve others,
faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.
1 Peter 4:10

     This post is linked to Apron Thrift Girl and Liz Marie Blog.

No comments: