Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Recipe of the Week #34- Mexican Chicken





 
Mexican Chicken
1 lb chicken breasts
1 tsp taco seasoning
salt, to taste
1/2 cup enchilada sauce
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
3 green onions, chopped

     Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with taco seasoning; grill or sauté. Cut the chicken into cubes and place in a greased 8x8" baking dish; season with salt to taste. Add the enchilada sauce and toss to coat the chicken. Sprinkle the cheese over the chicken and bake at 350º for 10-20 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Scatter the green onions over the top.

     Serve on tortillas with a side of rice.

     My family absolutely loved this! We'll be eating it at least once a month.

     I grilled my chicken on my Wolfgang Grilling Machine which was quick and easy. Before placing it on the grill, I sprinkled taco seasoning from a packet on both sides of the breasts. I actually doubled this recipe thinking that 1 lb of chicken wouldn't be enough. It would have been- we had plenty of leftovers.
This is my hubby's version complete with spicy salsa, peppers, and refried beans.

     Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

For His merciful kindness is great toward us, and the
truth of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord!
Psalm 117:2

     This post is linked to Making the World Cuter.

No comments: